Ethernet switches are a central link in digital IP networks in public transport vehicles. They operate on the basis of the standard Ethernet protocol and are used to connect onboard devices such as ticket validators, cameras and board computers in buses, subways and streetcars. In the following, we will discuss the special features of switches for public transport.
A new firmware release is available for customers using TRONTEQ 8-Port Managed Fast Ethernet Switches. Version FE 2.1.0 comes with an improved reliability for flash memory and also contains some bug fixes. The new release can be ordered from us on request. New customers can specify the software version to be installed ex works when ordering. Accordingly, we deliver the units with the respective desired software version. Old software versions are also operationally stable. We point out to our customers that it only makes sense to install updates when errors occur or when new features are needed. Please also make sure that your vehicle fleet is equipped with the same software version.
Release Notes FE 2.1.0
Previous Version: FE 2.0.2
Models: 006-130-102, 006-130-109
Adding new features and improvements
- Reliability : Improved reliability for flash memory
- Flash Memory: Enabled checksum on erased pages to improve bit error correction
- Diagnostics: Updated ITxPT inventory service to version 2.1.1
- Diagnostics: Improved Log events
- Reliability: Expand error correction for the file system
- Web Interface: In some cases the web interface didn’t show an error notice when an error was detected.
- DHCP Provisioning: Improved verification of firmware updates
- DHCP Provisioning: Improved verification of configuration files
- DHCP Provisioning: The system didn’t always restart after a firmware update in combination with a new configuration file
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and stay tuned
Thanks for subscribing! We will be happy to keep you up to date, but first you need to confirm your email!
More Stories Like This:
Ethernet switches form the backbone of digital systems in public transport vehicles. When it comes to their acquisition, several criteria have to be taken into account. While functionality and costs are typically the focus of such considerations,...
A new firmware release is available for customers using ROQSTAR 16-Port Managed Gigabit Switches. Version GE 2.2.0 premiers the simultaneous configuration rollout of multiple switches. The new release can be ordered from us on request. New...
A ROQSTAR? A legend! Just as Freddie Mercury once made it clear that he didn't want to be just a rock star, but a legend – the latest ROQSTAR Ethernet switch from TRONTEQ is no ordinary device either. The ROQSTAR 4GE+12FE M12 Managed Gigabit...
Our products are fundamental for the digitalization in public transport. ROQSTAR M12 Ethernet Switches provide the network infrastructure for e-ticketing, passenger counting systems (PCS), dynamic passenger information (DPI) and closed-circuit television (CCTV).