TRONTEQ addresses the challenges encountered by technicians when installing onboard networks on buses and trams with the introduction of ROQSTAR Stage Manager. Accessible as a tablet app, this tool is designed for the installation and deployment process of ROQSTAR Ethernet Switches. By utilizing ROQSTAR Stage Manager, technicians can set up and configure the network, while receiving visual feedback throughout the installation process.
The creation of this tool was prompted by the challenges involved in setting up an IP network in a public transport vehicle. This process entails the installation and wiring of network devices on the vehicle, configuration of these devices, deployment of network settings, and establishing connectivity on both layer 2 and layer 3 directly on the vehicle.
To streamline this process, TRONTEQ developed the ROQSTAR Stage Manager, a mobile app that interacts with ROQSTAR Ethernet Switches. The app allows technicians to connect to a vehicle network where the installation will take place and perform deployment with accurate, consistent setups, including configurations and network settings.
Key features of the ROQSTAR Stage Manager include:
- Network Topology View: Once the vehicle network setup is finished, the ROQSTAR Stage Manager app offers technicians visual feedback, presenting a network topology overview along with details about connected devices.
- Device View: An interactive network topology allows users to choose a device and view its properties, status, and log information.
- ITxPT Support: ROQSTAR Stage Manager is compatible with the ITxPT inventory service, simplifying device identification and offering a comprehensive overview of all network devices.
- Configuration Deployment: ROQSTAR Stage Manager’s deployment process simplifies initial configurations for ROQSTAR Ethernet switches, ensuring correct and consistent data usage.
- Network Check: After tasks are done, the tool conducts a design rule check, helping technicians identify and fix errors, ensuring an efficient network setup.
- Network Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting is made easier with ROQSTAR Stage Manager’s visual information, allowing technicians to quickly identify and pinpoint issues within the vehicle network at any time.
- Network Check Report: Network test reports can be generated and exported as PDF files, and they are also automatically stored in the system’s database.
“We developed the ROQSTAR Stage Manager with our customers in mind, and especially technicians working on vehicles,” says TRONTEQ’s CEO Eugen Martinevski. “It simplifies the process and reduces error rates in the installation.”
More Stories Like This:
On the Way to Perfection: How TRONTEQ’s AI-powered Visual Quality Control Improves ROQSTAR Ethernet Switch Production
In the world of production, technology has played a crucial role in ensuring the smooth running of operations. For TRONTEQ, a company specializing in the production of Ethernet switches for public transport, every detail counts. With tens of...
ROQSTAR Ethernet Switches now offer 80 watts of Power over Ethernet (PoE) capability, providing higher power and flexibility for a range of PoE devices. These new features are particularly beneficial for cameras, WiFi access points, passenger...
ROQSTAR Label Manager is the new application from TRONTEQ for remote management of ROQSTAR Ethernet switches. It is now available to all ROQSTAR customers free of charge upon request. Below we present the main functionalities of the tool,...
Our products are fundamental for the digitalization in public transport. ROQSTAR M12 Ethernet Switches provide the network infrastructure for e-ticketing, passenger counting systems (PCS), dynamic passenger information (DPI) and closed-circuit television (CCTV).